Education has always been an important part of my life, for awhile it was my only means of socializing outside the house and then it became a route to a better future. I still enjoy an occasional online course for personal development, but I’m also constantly wanting to improve and grow. After graduating from UCLA with a degree in Psychology in 2002, I knew there was nothing I could do with it so I went back to college after working in accounting for a year.
Web Design, Game Design, and Web Development
I ended up going with a subject I studied briefly in high school ROP: Web Design. Though I started a website in 2002, I didn’t really know what I was doing or why and though HTML was basically the same as it was in 1995-96, other stuff changed. Since technology is constantly changing and improving, I did a 1.5 year certificate program at Fullerton College in Web Design between Summer 2008 and 2009 to get caught up and current on modern practices. I also tacked on a Game Design certificate since there was some overlap.
Recent Education: Focusing on Web Development
- ACG 180 – Digital Video (Final Cut Studio)
- ACG 102 – Intro Web Graphics – Travel Website, Product Website
- CISG 175 – Game Programming in Flash
More games: Mad Libs Word Game, Cat and Bird game, Pong Game
- CIS 157 – DreamWeaver I (CS3)
- CIS 157B – DreamWeaver II
- ACG 100 – Intro to Mac Computer Graphics
- CIS 252 – Web Page Design III (Advanced HTML)
- CIS 155 – Web Page Multimedia Design I (Flash)
- CIS 255 – Web Page Multimedia Design II